2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2006 7:24 AM by com2

Optimize Export default

com2
      I tried to find a clear explanation in the documentation and on-line how to set the Optimize Export default to something else then GIF, which in not my favourite.
        • 1. Re: Optimize Export default
          Level 7
          com2,

Different jobs dictate what settings one uses in the optimize panel. One
          project can also require different settings for export for different
          slices. As such there is no such thing as your 'favorite' setting for
          the export panel.
          If you have a series of images that you want to apply the same Optimize
          settings to you can use the batch process within FW.

If you modify one of the preset settings in the Optimize panel you can
          also save those settings by clicking on the Optimize icon and selecting
          'Save Settings'

alex

com2 wrote:
          > I tried to find a clear explanation in the documentation and on-line how to set the Optimize Export default to something else then GIF, which in not my favourite.
          • 2. Re: Optimize Export default
            com2 Level 1
            At the moment GIF is the default slice format. I want it to be different then GIF and apparently this cannot be set to a different default format (Fireworks is promoting GIF?). So every time I add a new slice, it is set to a format that I don't want and I have to "manually" set it to the one I prefer and I am wasting my precious time then.

Meanwhile I found a way around it. I just keep adding slices and let them be in the "wrong" format. In the end I select all slices I want to change and set them all together to my favourite format.

Still it have been would be better when new slices would be set to our favourite default.