0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2011 8:50 AM by rorytyson

GREP Problem 2

rorytyson

Hi

This is a follow up question related to the last one I had regarding formatting the Movies review section of the newspaper

Below is an image of the text I am supplied with. Below that is another image of the the text how I need it to appear once formatted.

Picture 9.png

Picture 8.png

I more or less have the bolded movie name text sorted, but I am having trouble with finding the most efficient way to find all of the stars (which come in as a "H", and once I apply the Zapf Dingbats font to them, they change into the star)

Problem 1. To find all single star movies I need it to search for a "H" on its own (with a space before and after it) so it does not pick up just any capital H.

Problem 2. To find all 1,2 and 3 star movies and apply a black coloured star to it and if they have a "1\2" to remove the space infront of the fraction, change the "1\2" text into a half fraction Glyph, which will also be black (in a different font, as the one I have to use does not support fractions as a glyph)

Problem 4. To find all 4 and 5 star movies and apply a red coloured star to it, and if they have a "1\2" to remove the space infront of the fraction, change the "1\2" text into a half fraction Glyph which will also be red

I am guessing there must be a way to GREP search for all "H" appearing 1 to 3 times (as a whole word) and apply the black star style. Then search for all "H"'s appearing 4 and 5 times then apply the red star style. Its getting the fractions to change to a Glyph, and recognise if it needs to be a black or a red fraction that really has me stumpped.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Rory