7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2011 3:56 PM by technician25

Canon 60d Camera Raw

technician25

Just bought a Canon 60d and unable to process my cr2 files unless i use dng converter first. Any idea if an upgrade of camera Raw is due soon for CS5?

• 1. Re: Canon 60d Camera Raw
          ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The 60D has been supported for a while, now.  Use PS / Help / Updates... to update Camera RAW to 6.4.1.

Visit http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/ if the Help / Updates doesn't work.

If you are already on that version, perhaps the images are corrupted coming from the camera.

• 2. Re: Canon 60d Camera Raw
            technician25 Level 1

Already tried that but 6.4.1 only supports the 600d in CS5 but

it supports the 60d in Lightroom 3.3

• 3. Re: Canon 60d Camera Raw
              ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If LR 3.3 supports the 60D, then ACR 6.3 supported it, already.

What version of Camera RAW do you see listed in Photoshop if you do a Help / About Plugins... / Camera RAW?  Also take note if more than one Camera RAW is listed.

• 4. Re: Canon 60d Camera Raw
                technician25 Level 1

I have version 6 and when i download 6.4.1 from Adobe it says update is not applicable. I have downloaded ACR before and updated on CS3, and 4 but this one does not seem to work. When you go on the camera list for 6.4.1 it only says the 600d. But scroll down further and the 60d is covered in Lightroom 3£

Digital camera raw file support

Camera support for Photoshop CS5 and Lightroom 3

Support for the following cameras has been added from Camera Raw 6.3 to 6.4 and Lightroom 3.3 to 3.4.

Canon EOS 600D (Rebel T3i / Kiss X5 Digital)
                Canon EOS 1100D (Rebel T3 / Kiss X50 Digital)
                Fuji FinePix S200 EXR
                Fuji FinePix F550 EXR
                Fuji FinePix HS20 EXR
                Fuji FinePix X100
                Hasselblad H4D-40

Kodak EasyShare Z990
                Nikon D5100
                Olympus E-PL1s
                Olympus E-PL2
                Olympus XZ-1
                Samsung NX11

• 5. Re: Canon 60d Camera Raw
                  Noel Carboni Level 7

technician25 wrote:

I have version 6 and when i download 6.4.1 from Adobe it says update is not applicable.

Version 6 of what?  Perhaps the more pertinent question is what version of Photoshop do you have?  Another good question is what operating system do you have?

Not sure exactly where you've looked, but here are some pointers on getting exactly the info you need:

1.  In Photoshop, do Help - About Plug-In - Camera Raw...  You should see version 6.4.1.145 if you have the latest, as of this writing.  If you don't then perhaps the best next step would be to go into Help - Updates and see if you can get it that way (the easiest / most integrated way).

2.  To know which cameras are supported by the latest version of Camera Raw, look in the Release Notes.  There are usually two lists:  The first is newly added cameras, and the second is the complete list of cameras supported.  Specifically you'll see your 60D supported in the second list.

I like to start by visiting this page:

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=106&platform=Windows

Click the link for the latest update, then Follow the Camera Raw 6.4 ReadMe link.

-Noel

• 6. Re: Canon 60d Camera Raw
                    technician25 Level 1

I have CS5 and as far as i read it in the first list the 600d has been added and the second list which has a whole host of cameras mentions the 60d is for Lightroom 3.3 which loads my CR2 files no problem. When searching on the net there seems to be loads of people asking the same question and they all say the only way is to convert the CR2 files to .dng files first (which is a bit long winded but possible.)

When I run the 6.4.1 update it says 'update is not applicable'.

My CS5 copy says I have version 6.0.0.205  Going into Help Updates wont do the update.

• 7. Re: Canon 60d Camera Raw
                      technician25 Level 1

Finally cracked it guys. Thanks for your help. The only way I could do  it is by going into updates then preferences and then selecting the Camera Raw icon. Downloading via the Camera raw on Adobe wont do it, even if i run the patch file. But hey thanks for putting up with me. Someone else driving you on certainly helps.

Tim