3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 8, 2011 4:48 AM by Rick Gerard

how to transform text ?

ducati1 Level 1

Hi guys.

See the pic here of the text I have placed omn the rollerdoor.

I cant find how to adjust the text on the left hand side so that it is shorter on the left than the height on the right. therefor giving it a true 3d look like the look of the rollerdoor.

Thanks in advance.

Will

Screen shot 2011-08-08 at 5.24.39 PM.png

• 1. Re: how to transform text ?
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Effect --> Distort --> Corner Pin. Or make it a 3D layer and create a matching camera....

Mylenium

• 2. Re: how to transform text ?
            ducati1 Level 1

Ok I tried the corner pin but couldnt see any changes like what I need. That effect just

moved it around. I nee the height at the left of the text to be less that the height at the right.

• 3. Re: how to transform text ?
              Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you want to use corner pin on a text layer then it's easier to pre-compose the text layer, then use region of interest to quickly select only the text, then choose Composition>Crop Comp to Region of Interest. Now the corners of the corner pin effect are going to be very near the corners of the text pre-comp and therefore much easier to manipulate.

I'd also experiment with setting the text color to a dark gray and using the multiply blend mode along with something like Roughen Edges to make the text look more like it's part of the door.

Screen Shot 2011-08-08 at 4.17.42 AM.png\

If you want to try the 3D text layer approach then you'll need to match the camera position to properly line up the 3D layer. You can use focal length to adjust the size of your text layer, but perspective is controlled by camera position and not focal length so if you get the position right, the angles will match. This will be a little more difficult than corner pin, but, if there's movement in the shot, it may be easier to work. It's also easier to line up if you temporarily add the grid effect to help line up the perspective.

Screen Shot 2011-08-08 at 4.43.53 AM.png