0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 8, 2011 8:07 AM by seanoodle

problem with the way text is selected.

seanoodle

Hoping someone might have answer...

The way text is being selected in some pdf's i have been using has suddenly changed. I am not sure if there is a setting that changed or what but i am totally mystefied. The text from the pdf was selecting by line, by line, and now its kind of doing it by "column" in a way, where the text on the clipboard now has extra carriage returns. One day it was this way, the next it was a different way.

To illustrate the format of the pdf, its layed out like:

"The seating arranements will be as follows"                     "Jack1     Jill1"

"Jack2     Jill2"

"Jack3     Jill3"

The pasted text into notepad used to look like this:

"The seating arranements will be as follows Jack1 Jill1"

"Jack2 Jill2"

"Jack3 Jill3"

Now for whatever reason it looks like this all of the sudden:

"The seating arranements will be as follows Jack1 Jill1"

"Jack2"

"Jack3"

"Jill2"

"Jill3"

The pdf doesnt contain any tags as far as i know but i just dont understand why it changed. I have tried it on three different computers with different versions of Reader. Any ideas? I dont know much about pdf, i wrote some code that parses copied text from  pdfs and now this is throwing it off