2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2011 4:31 PM by LisaPisa

Flash CS5 movie with 2167 frames doesn't render properly when published

LisaPisa

I have a flash animation (.fla) that I am creating in flash professional CS5.

I have not finished development but have hit a snag with completing it, because when the movie has 2166 frames or less, it publishes to swf correctly, but when I add additional frames (2167 or more), upon publishing to swf my 3D animations and text do not display in the published swf file.

I know in the older versions of flash there is a frame limit of 16000 frames, but is there an even smaller frame limit in flash CS5 of 2166 frames or less? Perhaps this limitation is only apparent when using the new features like 3D animation?

Adobe, is there a bug fix for this? Any suggestions?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Flash CS5 movie doesn't render actionscript 3.0 properly when published
          LisaPisa Level 1

I've just discovered a bit more information. When adding more items on existing frames, the "magic" number of frames allowed is even less. It seems that the items that won't render are those items that require actionscript 3.0 - TLF text and 3D tweens.

If I change TLF text to classic text, it displays.

The objects with 3D tweens that won't render correctly are rendering in the top left corner without any 3D transformation, interestingly the same place they appear within the flash editing screens if I convert the 3D animation to a frame by frame animation, and then select the object on any offending frame and "break apart"

• 2. Re: Flash CS5 movie doesn't render actionscript 3.0 properly when published
            LisaPisa Level 1

Here's the workaround I used to fix this if anyone experiences a similar problem:

Problem:
            When publishing from flash CS5 with actionscript 3.0 to swf, publishing takes a long time and 3D tweens and text do not display in the published movie.

Workaround:

1. File > Publish Settings
            2. Select the Flash tab
            3. In the script dropdown, change the option from Actionscript 3.0 to Actionscript 2.0
            4. If you have any 3D tweens, a warning will appear - "3D tweens can only be supported in ActionScript 3.0 or higher. 3D properties will be permanently removed from all tweened objects if the current publish settings are changed. There is no undo for this operation."
              Click Ok
            5. If you have any TLF text, another warning will appear "TLF text can only be supported in ActionScript 3.0 or higher. TLF text will be permanently converted to classic text if the current publish settings are changed. There is no undo for this operation. Undo history will be cleared."
              Click Ok
            6. Any text that was converted to Classic text may have changed in layout & position
              review and fix all your text
            7. Save the file.
            8. Publish to swf and test
            9. File > Publish Settings
            10. Select the Flash tab
            11. In the script dropdown, change the option from Actionscript 2.0 back to Actionscript 3.0
            12. Add your 3D tweens back in
            13. Publish to swf and test

If anyone has a better solution I'm still interested to hear it, as my workaround doesn't allow you to use TLF text.