5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2011 7:38 AM by the_wine_snob

Editing Text After Saving

brendanm92

I am working in Premier Elements 9. I have a number of text slides and saved my work. I went to go back to edit some of the text and I am unable to do so. I can only add new text. Is there a way to edit text?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Editing Text After Saving
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

In the Timeline, Dbl-click on the Title, to open it in Titler, and then use the Selection Tool to Select the Text to be altered.

Remember, if one has several Instances of a Title in the Timeline, changes will be "global" for all of those Instances.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Editing Text After Saving
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Just to tag onto Bill's point, make sure you're working in Timeline mode, not Sceneline mode.

It's easy to re-edit a title in Timeline mode. It's all but impossible in Sceneline mode.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Editing Text After Saving
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Steve,

Good point, and one that I did not stress enough.

Thank you,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Editing Text After Saving
                brendanm92 Level 1

Thanks! Huge Help!

• 5. Re: Editing Text After Saving
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

You are most welcome.

PrE's Titler is a surprisingly powerful tool. It does have a few limitations, like alignment grids (has some alignment tick marks), a full zoom, and hyphenation, but it is still very powerful, especially with the use of Styles for its Text and also for its Shapes.

With Titles, one tripping point for some, is that Titler is used to create Titles, and will place them into the Project Panel for use. One can then have multiple Instances of that Title on the Timeline, and if one makes a change to one of those Instances, or to the Title from the Project Panel, that change will affect all Instances of that Title. Often, this is what one wants, though not always. If you have created a Title, and wish to use variations of that Title, but say with different Text, then you will want to Duplicate that Title, and just edit the Text in each Duplicate. There is a big, and useful difference, between Duplicate Titles and Instances of a Title. Many users do not understand those differences, and become concerned when they edit an Instance of a Title, and cannot understand why that edit affects all other Instances of that Title - that is the way that it is supposed to work. If one needs to edit just one Instance of a Title, they would Duplicate that, make the edit and replace that Instance with the Duplicate.

Good luck and happy editing,

Hunt