1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 9, 2011 7:45 AM by the_wine_snob

Clips edited in Timeline

MindyLadd

I feel like there is a common sense answer to this question so I apologize for wasting anyone's time. I am trying to string together some interviews I have given. What I have done is cut and renamed all the original full length interviews into separate sections, so it is just the question and answer with the hopes of stringing together all the same questions and answers. Hope his makes sense.

Where I am having trouble, is I would like to take all the cutup clips out of the timeline and start with a blank timeline and choose the new clips I have created from the project section. However, I cannot figure out how to get the new cut up clips out of the timeline and save them independently from the original clip... unless I just rearrange them in the timeline. Which is doable, just not the most efficient workflow.

What do you think? Can I do this? Hope it makes sense!

Thanks in advance! 

• 1. Re: Clips edited in Timeline
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

This is a very common question, so do not feel bad at asking it.

In general terms, the easiest way to do what you want is to use the WAB (Work Area Bar) to Export/Share segments of your existing Timeline. This will produce individual and discrete Clips, named and located, where you decide. When done, one would start a New Project, and Import those Exported Clips for final assembly.

The only question would be: what are the specs. of your Source Footage? If you shot miniDV SD (Standard Def) footage, then the answer is easy - just Export/Share to DV AVI w/ PCM/WAV Audio @ 48KHz 16-bit.

If one shot some other material, then it would be best for us to know what that was, so that suggestions on the Export/Share format and specs. would best suit your material.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS - instead of creating a new Project, one could just Delete all material from the Timeline, Import those Exported Clips, and populate the Timeline, however I do NOT recommend doing this. I would keep my original Project, as it is, just in case you ever need to go back to it, and just create a New Project. That might seem like some extra work, but quickly trumps having to go back, without that Saved, original Project, and redoing work.