3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 11, 2011 1:39 PM by the_wine_snob

select next clip?

AdamJRead Level 1

Something probably really basic, but is there a keyboard shortcut to enable selection of the next clip in the timeline?  I can use pageup or pagedown to go to the start of each clip, but I actually want to be able to select it (instead of having to manually click it with my mouse).

Is this possible?

Thanks

ADAM READ
      InterMedia

• 1. Re: select next clip?
          Colin Brougham Level 6

No, unfortunately there isn't. Please make a feature request: Adobe Feature Request/Bug Report Form

• 2. Re: select next clip?
            AdamJRead Level 1

Just about to make that feature request.  After sending my post, I did a search and saw a similar request dating back to 2009.

This seems such an 'obvious' omission, I really wonder why Adobe don't just sort it for the next update.

Let's see.

Thanks

ADAM

• 3. Re: select next clip?
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Adam,

I agree that it would be a nice addition.

Though references to a Feature Request in the past, shows that we are not alone, we will never know how many others have made the request.

Adobe prioritizes the requests, and will factor in the number of requests for a feature. Some will reach the "top of the To Do list," are easy to implement, and will then be incorporated. Some might reach the top, but take some major coding changes, so might find themselves in another To Do list, and depending on the coding task, may, or may never see the light of day.

Feature Requests are very good things, and Adobe takes them seriously, so I would definitely file one.

Good luck,

Hunt