4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 13, 2011 8:10 AM by the_wine_snob

Premier Elements 8

wackmyspank

Hello all,

I am trying to import video files from a JVC HDD Everio Camcorder. I have done this many times before but all of a sudden the file wont import in WIDE SCREEN format. The files were recorded in WIDE SCREEN but wont import that way - is there a setting that's changed or am I just doing wrong.

Thank you

• 1. Re: Premier Elements 8
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Sometimes, PrE (and other NLE's, Non Linear Editors) can miss the Widescreen flag, in the files' headers. Not sure why your camera would write files correctly for that flag to be picked up sometimes, but not always. Usually, the issues are device specific, so that the flag is always written properly, or it is not.

Still, if the camera was set to Widescreen, then in the Project Panel, Rt-click on the Clip and use Interpret Footage, choosing a PAR for Widescreen.of 1.2 for NTSC, of 1.422 for PAL. Does that correct things?

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Premier Elements 8
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

This is a common problem with Everio video. Bill's solution is really the best.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Premier Elements 8
              wackmyspank Level 1

Thanks Bill, but I have some other issues now.

It keeps coming up with ENCODING ERROR or TRANSCODING ERROR when I go to burn onto the disc - any help is greatly appreciated.

Also, is it possible to change the entire project to WIDESCREEN if the project was orinially started in STANDARD.

I tried to create a new Project but now just keep getting the above 2 error messages (new project from scrach)

Might be me but this software is starting to stress me out lmao

Thank you to Bill, Steve and everyone for help - it is greatly appreciated

• 4. Re: Premier Elements 8
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Sorry that there are other issues. This ARTICLE covers some possibilities for why Transcoding will fail.

Also, during Transcoding, PrE creates some very large working files, so one needs a lot more defragmented free-space, than for the resulting size of the Transcode file. Insure that you have at least 30 - 50GB (more is better) of defragmented free-space. Note: asone gets closer to the HDD's capacity, performance slows greatly, and defragmented can become impossible, as the defragmentation program needs room to move files about, and AV files are very large.

Good luck,

Hunt