1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 12, 2011 3:22 AM by Mylenium

Logo color mismatch

Navarro Parker Level 3

I have a corporate brand standards book where I'm trying to match a color.  As you can see, the AE solid doesn't match the supposed Hex value.  In this case, would you stick with the numerically accurate color, or eyedropper the actual color swatch (I imported that page of the company's PDF)?

(In this case, the PDF is sRGB. My working space is usually Rec 709. Also tried other color profiles, and the closest I got was both set to sRGB — which is what the screenshot is)

I know everything's going to go to crap once it's compressed, but at least I need to start with accurate color.

Screen-shot-2011-08-11-at-9.42.31-AM.png

• 1. Re: Logo color mismatch
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant
          or eyedropper the actual color swatch (I imported that page of the company's PDF)?

Never ever! You never know what pre-press processing the file has gone through and per spec every single object in a PDF can have his own native color profile and color space. What you see therefore could be based merely on the global document dispaly profile/ color conversion, but must not give an exact color representation on screen outside an environment that is calibrated to the original specs. Use what AE tells you, then match the rest by eye, if there are any all too heavy deviations.

Mylenium