3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 11, 2011 4:38 PM by JEShort01

New Adobe PP CS5.5 System question

koos_w
      Is there any point in my buying a new system based on: Intel Core i7-990X 3.46GHz 12MB extra. For a graphics card Nividia Quatro 5800 or 6000 to install? That has positive effect on the rendering of such DVD or Blu Ray and the general use of the system, Adobe Premiere Pro CS 5.5? Like to salute your experience Koos_W
        • 2. Re: New Adobe PP CS5.5 System question
          Harm Millaard Level 7
          Is there any point in my buying a new system based on: Intel Core i7-990X 3.46GHz 12MB extra.

Yes.

For a graphics card Nividia Quatro 5800 or 6000 to install?

No.

That has positive effect on the rendering of such DVD or Blu Ray and the general use of the system, Adobe Premiere Pro CS 5.5?

No.

If you can rephrase your question a bit clearer, more people would understand what you are asking and respond accordingly.

• 3. Re: New Adobe PP CS5.5 System question
            JEShort01 Level 4

Koos,

Yes, a fast 6-core, or 2600k 4-core will indeed help render speed vs. a lesser new or just about any older CPU. Also important to keep the cpu fully utilized is multiple hard drive (RAID 0) to get data to and from the CPU for maximum benefit. Also, AMD CPUs don't seem to work as well for CS5 as the top Intel chips do.

For DVD renders (with CS5 anyway), increasing past 12GB (to 24GB for X58 or to 16GB for Sandy Bridge 2600k) will also help the render speed. For some reason, Blu-ray renders seem to do as well as possible with 12GB of RAM.

Jim