Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 6 for multiple users

Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2011 Aug 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day,

Currently we have RoboHelp 6 for Word and RoboHelp 6 Html installed in a Windows XP Professional Machine  as a Documentation machine, we need to allow access to multiple users, my idea is to publish it via Citrix but I am not sure if this is going to work with my current version of RoboHelp.

I would like to know how to migrate the data, also if by doing this I have to upgrade my current version of RoboHelp to a newer one and also probably get a new license.

It will be very appreciated if any of you can give me some information in how to start this project.

Have a grat day,

Alejandro

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2011 Aug 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp has to be installed on each users machine, both technically and for licences reasons. It sounds like you are going to need licences for each user, plus source control if the user will be working on the same project.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2011 Aug 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer but I am still wondering if there is any way to centralize the data and so multiple users can access it simultaneously, I would like to know if RoboHelp would be O.K if I publish it through Citrix.

Have a great day,

Alejandro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For multiple authors to work on the same project you need source control. Citrix is not a source control program.

You need each user to have RoboHelp on their PC plus you need a source control system. The project is then on a server that all authors can access and there is a local copy. When an author opens a local copy of a topic to edit it, RoboHelp will check out the server copy to the local machine, when they have finished editing they check it back in. Multiple authors can work on the same project but only one on a topic.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

In reading this thread I'm having a flashback and it's causing me to question whether we are all on the same page here.

Many years ago I was working in a call center and I had created a help system used by call center employees. Management was expanding the call center and placing orders for the workstations and software. They were about to pull the trigger on purchasing ten copies of RoboHelp. They were aware that I used RoboHelp to work with the help system. What they misunderstood was that RoboHelp creates output that may be consumed by any number of users. They failed to realize that only one copy of RoboHelp was all we needed. They somehow thought that each user needed their own copy.

From the way this thread reads, I'm wondering if this isn't what is happening here. When you said:

...centralize the data and so multiple users can access it simultaneously...

I'd like to clarify if you mean so multiple help authors can make edits to it or if you simply mean that you have many users that need to consume what has been created. And in that case, you just place the ouptut files in a common location.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your information, I think now I know how to solve this problem I have.

Have a great day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp