1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 11, 2011 3:45 PM by George_Johnson

Getting errors on my submit button

nkyuzon

Hi all,

I've created a form and have a submit button going to an email address. For some reason, when I click on the submit button, I'm getting an error that says "An error occurred while trying to create a mail document.  Acrobat is unable to complete your request."

I've created this in Acrobat Pro 8 on a Mac. I'm not using LiveCycle. When creating the submit button, I followed this tutorial:

http://www.adobe.com/designcenter/acrobat/articles/acr8at_addsubmit.html

My end goal, is to have the PDF as a fillable form with the data being able to be sent regardless if the user has Reader or a purchased version of Acrobat. I've also "Enabled Usage Rights".

Thanks for any help!

Nancy

• 1. Re: Getting errors on my submit button
          George_Johnson MVP & Adobe Community Professional

That's a common problem with forms that are set up to submit by email. It is dependent on the user's email client being setup correctly as well as being capable of working with this method at all. It seems that it is particularly problematic on the Mac. It should give the user the option of saving the file locally so it can be manually attached to an email, which is helpful for people who use a web-based email system or local client that won't work automatically with this method.