6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 16, 2011 5:33 AM by lukevanin

FlexUnit windows keeps disappearing

lukevanin Level 1

Lately Flash Builder has started minimizing the FlexUnit results window immediately after running unit tests (see screenshot below). The window is visible while the tests are running, but it minimises as soon as the tests finish.

I use test driven development and having to open the window after every test drastically slows down the whole process.

This is a new behavior which started around Wednesday this week.

Is there a setting I can change to keep the window visible after running FlexUnit?

assbuilder.png

• 1. Re: FlexUnit windows keeps disappearing
          Sudhir T S Adobe Employee

Is this behaviour true for all other views too? You might be having your editor (source) window maximised. Right click on your source editor title and click "Restore" or double click on it.

• 2. Re: FlexUnit windows keeps disappearing
            lukevanin Level 1

Thanks for the tip Sudhir but unfortunately it does not help. Please see the screenshots below.

Screen #1 shows what FB looks like before I run FlexUnit.

I then run FlexUnit using Alt+Shift+E,F, and screen #2 is displayed while FlexUnit is running.

When FlexUnit completes it goes back to screen #1 with FlexUnit minimised. The previous behavior was to keep showing screen #2 after FlexUnit completed. Then window would only disappear when I started typing.

I know I can click on the "Restore" button for the FlexUnit window, but then the window stays visible permanently and then I need to close it manually before I start typeing. The previous behavior was ideal, but something changed to cause this new behavior which is inconvenient.

Screen #1:

fb-01.png

Screen #2:

fb-02.png

• 3. Re: FlexUnit windows keeps disappearing

Ok. I think I got what you are saying now. Probably you have closed the FlexUnit results view window. The view however comes up whenever you are running it. Try doing this. Before you run, open the FlexUnit view through Window > Show View > Other and then Flash Builder > FlexUnit results. This should open the results view. Now unless you close this view, the view will remain in your FB window, like it is shown in Screenshot #2.

• 4. Re: FlexUnit windows keeps disappearing
                lukevanin Level 1

That still does not help.

The window appears after following the steps you describe, but it disappears after I run FlexUnit.

Could this be a corrupted workspace or installation? Or is there a setting to adjust the behavior? Perhaps a shortcut key I could have pressed accidently which could have altered the behavior?

• 5. Re: FlexUnit windows keeps disappearing

Are you sure about the window disappearence after running tests? After running tests, if you open the view again, does it correctly show the last run test results?

• 6. Re: FlexUnit windows keeps disappearing
                    lukevanin Level 1

Yes, the window definitely disappears after running the tests. The instant the tests complete, the window is gone. Clicking on the window does make it re-appear and it does show the results of the test.

My question is how to revert to the old behavior where the window automatically appeared when running FlexUnit, and stayed visible until clicked.