1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 12, 2011 8:27 AM by jamerson11v

AS textfield listener problem

jamerson11v

Hi, I have a weird little issue that I just can't seem to figure out.

I have a movieclip within a movieclip which contains a textfield. The text field is using html text and has a series of lines:

FeedbackClip.FeedbackBox.PlayerList.htmlText += "<a href=\"event:"+sortedList[i].usrId+"\">"+UserList[sortedList[i].usrId].userName+"</a><br>";

I have a listener attached to the textfield as follows:

FeedbackClip.FeedbackBox.PlayerList.addEventListener(TextEvent.LINK, playerSelected);
      function playerSelected(e:TextEvent){
           trace("usrID:"+e.text);
      }

Now when I play this, the mouse pointer changes to a handcursor when I rollover the lines, however when I click on the line, the trace doesn't come through. Now if I take this movieclip and code and stick it in a blank fla file, it performs as expected. So it seems the code is right, but something is blocking it and I just can't figure out what it would be.

Without wanting to stick all the code in here (it's a connect 8 program using the syncswf sdk), I wondered if anyone had come across this before and could tell me what I should be looking for? Trace in swfs is allowed, I have other trace commands coming through and I don't have anything else called playerSelected.

Any help would be much appreciated!

James

• 1. Re: AS textfield listener problem
          jamerson11v Level 1

Well I've isolated the problem, it appears to be a flex wrapper I'm using for the syncswf sdk. But not sure why that would interfere with the listener. It's only loading the swf file into the flex wrapper and making a connection to the swc.

Adobe, please for my sanity release a syncswf swc that works with Flash Pro and not just flex!

James