4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 14, 2011 11:48 AM by JoJo Jenkins

CS5   shortcut sets not saving from one session to the next

JoJo Jenkins Level 1

I am creating a custom keyboard shortcut set in CS5. It seems to work fine, then, every so often, I'll press one of my shortcut keys and it won't work. I go into the shortcut set menu and my custom shortcut has disappeared (although my master shortcut file still exists). This is taking place within the same working document.

I know that there was a thread posted in the past about how shortcut sets in CS4 weren't saving. I see that Adobe posted some fixes here:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/408/kb408055.html

However, the fixes refer to CS4 and Windows XP or Vista. I am using CS5 on a Windows 7 64-bit machine. Does anyone know if the fixes work under CS5 and if the file locations mentioned in the fixes apply to Windows 7? For instance, the fixes make reference to these locations:

On Windows XP:
      cacls "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe InDesign CS4\Presets" /T  /C /E /G Administrators:F
      cacls "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe InDesign  CS4\Presets" /T /C /E /G SYSTEM:F
      cacls "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe  InDesign CS4\Presets" /T /C /E /G All Users:F

I don't want to go through this if it's not relevant or valid in Windows 7.

Or perhaps there is an easier solution to this.

Has anyone else experienced this or does anyone have a solution?

Thanks.