2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 13, 2011 3:57 PM by Rick Gerard

PNG image sequence wrong fps

mathewlisett Level 1

is it normal or is there a setting i dont know about.

when exporting from somethignlike sony vegas even though the project settings and original files are at 23.976fps, the export fps is always 30fps.

and then when i do to 23.976 in adobe, it cuts the time thats original and reduced the time from say 1hr27 to 1hr9mins

• 1. Re: PNG image sequence wrong fps
          TimeRemapper Level 4

Have you interpreted your footage to use the desired frame rate?

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: PNG image sequence wrong fps
            Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Image sequences have no default frame rate. In AE, Premiere Pro, FCP - or any other application that uses image sequences, you have to set the desired frame rate.

If you are always working at the same frame rate you can change the default interpolation for imported image sequences in the preferences. I have mine set to 29.97 now because most of the material I have been working on for the last several months was destined for broadcast. Last year I cut a feature film so I changed the setting to 23.976 because that's the frame rate used for the movie.

You can always select an image sequence in the Project Panel (or any other footage for that matter) and then go to File>Interpret Footage>Main and set the frame rate there.  You just need to make sure that it matches the frame rate of the render.