4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2006 9:52 AM by ageofem

Vectors pixelating

chainy
      Hi all
      Can anyone explain to me why when i create a path of shape that is not regtangle or square when i zoom in on these objects they are pixleated around the edges. My understanding of vectors that it is a mathmatical calculation so don't use pixles this does not happen in illurstrator or flash. I would be gratefull if someone could help me understand what goes on in fireworks with vectors.
      cheers. Martyn
        • 1. Re: Vectors pixelating
          Level 7
          On Tue, 07 Nov 2006 15:48:36 +0300, chainy <webforumsuser@macromedia.com>
          wrote:

> Hi all
          > Can anyone explain to me why when i create a path of shape that is not
          > regtangle or square when i zoom in on these objects they are pixleated
          > around
          > the edges. My understanding of vectors that it is a mathmatical
          > calculation so
          > don't use pixles this does not happen in illurstrator or flash. I would
          > be
          > gratefull if someone could help me understand what goes on in fireworks
          > with
          > vectors.

You have correct idea regarding vectors but wrong understanding of
          Fireworks. In FW, vectors are tools for creating bitmap images. You final
          images will be JPEG, GIF or PNG - that is, the bitmaps, not vectors. For
          this reason FW shows you actual rendered bitmap, not some hypothetical
          idealized vector.

--
          Ilya Razmanov
          http://photoshop.msk.ru - Photoshop plug-in filters
          • 2. Re: Vectors pixelating
            chainy Level 1
            Hi Razmanov
            Thank you for your explanation and helping me understand this point.
            Martyn
            • 3. Re: Vectors pixelating
              chainy Level 1
              Sorry i should have wrote Hi, llya
              • 4. Re: Vectors pixelating
                ageofem
                and also regarding vectors , there are times when creating solid shapes in fireworks looks jagged compared to illustrator , you need to add lines, just some simple strokes to remedy this problem