2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 14, 2011 3:04 PM by JJMack

Photoshop action for photobooth strip effect

davidadamphotog

I have a few hundred photos that I'd like to turn into a photo booth "strip".  Basically I'd like to take 4 images and add them to a template so that it looks like they were created in a photobooth and printed as a sequence strip.  I've used actions for this, but the problem is that everytime I run the action, it looks for the same exact file to use, instead of the next set of 4 in the sequence.  How can I create an action or script, so that it takes the next group of four images instead of using the same four over and over?

Thanks in advance for your help!

• 1. Re: Photoshop action for photobooth strip effect
          c.pfaffenbichler Level 9

I’m afraid Actions would not suffice for the task, Scripting should be able to handle it, though.

But maybe an existing contact sheet-Script or even Bridge’s functionality may work for your intended output?

• 2. Re: Photoshop action for photobooth strip effect
            JJMack Most Valuable Participant

You could do that using a Photo Collage Template for a photo booth strip.  Today I added a modified version of Rags Gardner www.rags-int-inc.com Copyright (c) 2006 CollageBuilder script to my Photoshop Photo Collage Toolkit package that would be able to build the template you need.  The scripts in the toolkit could then be used to populate the template with your images.

Photo Collage Toolkit UPDATED Aug. 14, 2011 added a modified version of Rags Gardner www.rags-int-inc.com Copyright (c) 2006 CollageBuilder script.
            Documentation and Examples
            Download

To make the template set the width to 5" and the height 25" for the paper size.

select the none large image option

Small images 4" wide 6" high

4 Rows 1 column

Once the collages are built you can edit them and crop off the side margins by using Canvas size and setting the width to 4". so you can print them on 4: roll paper.

MyCollageTemplate.jpg

Or you could install Photoshop's Contact Sheet II plug-in from Adobe's CS5 optional plug-ins download and do the same without a pemplate.