• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why's the "Retrieving Install" not working?

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2011 Aug 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a WindowsXP user.

My browser is Firefox... 4, I think.

My current Flash version is apparently 10.3.181.26, and I'm trying to install the newest update, which is apparently 10.3.183.5.

The question says it all, really, but the one time that the new version's screen changed, there was something about "Exit Code = -1" or some kind of Error Code or something along those lines.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

Message was edited by: Reikson

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 14, 2011 Aug 14, 2011

Ok, I understand it better now.  Try to download the installer from the link in http://forums.adobe.com/thread/889580 and save it to disk, then close all browser windows and run the downloaded installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I cannot understand what you are saying.

What are you doing when this occurs?  Can you perhaps post a screenshot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In order;

1. I've tried exiting Firefox to let the install run, but the Installation process seems to be stuck on the "Retrieving Install" part and will stay that way for minutes at a time even with Firefox off.  Is that normal?

2. How do I get a screenshot like what you want me to get?  I only saw that error code thing only once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I understand it better now.  Try to download the installer from the link in http://forums.adobe.com/thread/889580 and save it to disk, then close all browser windows and run the downloaded installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks.  Worked just fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines