4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 13, 2006 1:13 AM by otterman

Director Player Error

uxk8396 Level 1
      Hi,
      I created a project in Director ver 8.5. Now I have incorporated the same into a my portfolio and created a projector in Director MX 2004. Whenever I click on that project, I obtain a panel stating "Director Player Error" with details: "The application requires an xtra(font..) that does not exist/failed to initialze properly. Make sure the appropriate xtras are in the xtra folders.

In my xtra folder, I already have the following:
      ba windows OSX xtra
      ba Windows Xtra
      budapi.x32
      Buddy API OSX Xtra
      Buddy API Xtra

Please advise why I am getting that Error message, and I click ok on the error message panel, it plays the movie. Whic xtra is it looking for and where to get it from?

Thanks
      uxk
        • 1. Director Player Error
          otterman
          Have a look in Modify > Movie > Xtras. Should be a font xtra listed. You can either check "include in projector" or locate this xtra and include it in your xtras folder along with the rest of your buddy xtras. If you decide on the later, dont forget to include both pc and mac versions if you intend to create a projector for both.

The xtras you are after are "Font Asset PPC" and "Font Xtra PPC"
          • 2. Re: Director Player Error
            Level 7
            The modify movie Xtras menu allows you to specify which xtras to embed
            in the projector (xtras supporting members used in the director file are
            automatically included there) scripting xtras always have to be manually
            included.

FRor a quick test of your existing projector you can add an external
            Xtras folder ajecent to the projector, temporarily adding the suspect
            xtras there.

Some authors distribute all xtras in the external Xtras folder, for
            better performance in some circumstances.
            • 3. Re: Director Player Error
              uxk8396 Level 1
              hi,
              i have done it both ways. I included the xtra in a folder adjacent to the projector and used the Modify>Movie>Xtras method. I did not get the Xtra error message while running my projector in Mac, but this error message appeared when I tested it in Windows. My folder contains
              ba windows OSX xtra
              ba Windows Xtra
              budapi.x32
              Buddy API OSX Xtra
              Buddy API Xtra
              and in addition, Font Asset PPC and Font Xtra PPC, Flash Asset PPC, Flash Asset Options PPC.

Do you think if the folder contains extra "xtras" like Flash Asset Options PPC and the Flash Asset PPC, then also this error message can occur. I mean does it it to contain exactly the xtras required, and any other xtras will give rise to error message.

Thanks
              uxk
              • 4. Re: Director Player Error
                otterman Level 1
                Thats suspect. Is this the same 'font xtra' warning your geting. If not, you've probably not edited your xtrainfo.txt file found in your configurations folder. This text file contains all the details of your xtras. The font one in quetion is a standard xtra and is already listed. Buddy xtra is not so you need to list it. Add this to it -

;Buddy API
                ;----------------------------------------------------------------------
                [#namePPC:"Buddy API OSX Xtra", #nameW32:"budapi.x32"]

Failing that, are you absolutley sure you have the correct xtras. Try em all, then eliminate them one by one is the last suggestion I have.