5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 16, 2011 6:38 AM by Frustrated in AZ

Pdf Documents

EJK2403 Level 1

Adobe Digital Editions seems to be the default viewer, when I tried to open a pdf document Digital automatically opens, I would like to open my documents in Adobe Reader and only my ebooks in Digital - how do I change this.

• 1. Re: Pdf Documents
          Frustrated in AZ Level 4

If you're using Windows on a PC, you can right-click on the document and a

drop-down menu will open.  Pick the 'Open With' entry, and you'll see

another drop-down menu that has programs listed.  Pick Adobe Reader from

that menu.

===============

• 2. Re: Pdf Documents
            EJK2403 Level 1

It only says "open" and not "open with".  The problem is also that some are encrypted and when you opened and entered your code it automatically opens with Digital which means you cannot save it or print it to a bullzip printer, I need to get Reader as the default cause the ebooks automatically download to Digital so you do not have the problem there.

• 3. Re: Pdf Documents
              Frustrated in AZ Level 4

I see....  I believe that this 'issue' may be a manifestation of the way the

publisher has set the digital rights to the ebook.  Publishers can specify

encryption, along with whether or not you can copy or print an ebook.  When

that happens, Reader won't be an option to use.  ADE doesn't have really

good messages, so I would not be surprised if that's what's happening.

======================

• 4. Re: Pdf Documents
                EJK2403 Level 1

Does this mean that I will have to uninstall Digital to be able to open my encrypted statements and print them as PDF documents.

• 5. Re: Pdf Documents
                  Frustrated in AZ Level 4

I don't know.  If you have Adobe Reader installed, and can locate the

documents themselves on your computer, you can try to open Reader, and then

go find the document via its Browse function and see if Reader will open

it....

===========