> i have a dashed line that i need to convert to a shape - expand stroke doesnt
> any ideas?, i tried punchng out a circle with a star to try and create that
> same effect - didnt get the best results though.
1. Create straight dashed line for example by blending or copying rectangles. In one end you should use empty rectangle (no fill or outline) as spacer between the first and the last dash.
2. Select the line and create a symbol.
3. Set outline of the object to 'Brush' from the Object Palette.
4. Create new brush using the new dashed symbol.
5. Then Modify > Brush > Release Brush and you should have dashed line as outline objects.
try pen and or freehand tool....
You could also trace the dashed line. FreeHand may not be the best at tracing photographs but art created in FreeHand, it does a great job with.