• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating a Survey

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2011 Aug 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to create a simple survey that would run as an Air App on a sand alone desktop, using Builder and Catalyst.  I would create a simple 5 question survey with radio buttons in Catalyst and then bring it into Builder to finish.  However, I have no idea what to link it to, to collect the data.  So, can anyone tell me if I can do this with in builder? If so what program would I need to be running locally to collect the data? Access, Excel, Notepad?  Is there a tutorial online that covers this because I have not had any luck finding one? If anyone could give me some direction that would be great!

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Aug 17, 2011 Aug 17, 2011

Something like this? http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flex/samples/survey-ape-application.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Aug 16, 2011 Aug 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you open Flash Builder, the first thing you will see is the start page, which has all kinds of quick starts to get you going.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 17, 2011 Aug 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something like this? http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flex/samples/survey-ape-application.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2011 Aug 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rangora!  Just what I was looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 18, 2011 Aug 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This sample does not implement the "server part" so your data aren't really accessible outside of your app. For this part, you could use an AS3 library (for xls, pdf or anything you want) or simply write a XML and send it to a webserver or write it to the sdcard.

If you have more questions about this, just ask them!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines