4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 16, 2011 5:50 AM by Steve Grisetti

Audio fine in PSE9 but not in Premiere Elements 9

mcmurdo12345

When I create a slide show in PSE9  I intermix photos and short movies. The movies have audio tracks. I  then add different audio to the slide show, ending the audio before each movie and  then placing a new audio after the movie. It plays exactly as I have set it up when I play the slide show in PSE9. When I send the slide show to  Premiere Elements 9 to create a DVD, the audio I have ended in PSE9  continues through the movie giving me dual audio during the display of  the movie and making it difficult/impossible to hear the audio for the  movie clip.

I want my PSE9 slide show to be exactly duplicated by Premiere Elements 9. Why doesn't it do this?

• 1. Re: Audio fine in PSE9 but not in Premiere Elements 9
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Photoshop Elements doesn't have a slideshow creator. Are you talking about the Elements Organizer's slideshow creator?

If so, can you describe how you're adding more than one music track to your slideshow before you port it to Premiere Elements?

And you say you're mixing movies in Photoshop Elements? I don't know if that's even possible.

I guess it's not clear how you're doing this: "When I create a slide show in PSE9  I intermix photos and short movies."

• 2. Re: Audio fine in PSE9 but not in Premiere Elements 9
            mcmurdo12345 Level 1

Yes, I created my slide show in PSE9 using the Organizer.

I am able to import a video clip (taken on a digital camera) exactly the same as I can import a still picture. The clip needs to be in an allowed format. First I end the audio I am using for the rest of the slide show 1 or 2 slides before the video clip. Then I place a new audio a slide or 2 after the video clip. It plays back exactly as I want it to in the Organizer slide show. However, when transferred to Premiere Elements 9 to create a VDVD, the audio doesn't end before the video clip - both audios play when the video clip plays creating a cacophony!

• 3. Re: Audio fine in PSE9 but not in Premiere Elements 9
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Rather than using the SlideShow function in Organizer, with regards to Audio and Video, I would only use it for the still images, and then transfer that to PrE, where the Video and Audio can be added more efficiently. PrE handles both Video and Audio very well.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Audio fine in PSE9 but not in Premiere Elements 9
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Exactly what I was going to suggest, Bill!

Although you can also create the slideshow without sound in the Organizer, port it over to Premiere Elements and add the audio on the Premiere Elements timeline -- where you have much more control over how things interact.