4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 16, 2011 5:03 AM by DamonCooper

Is this possible with AE?

DamonCooper Adobe Employee

Is it possible to use watch folders to automate the warp stabilizer on .MOV files?

Thx

• 1. Re: Is this possible with AE?
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

Your question is unclear.

• 2. Re: Is this possible with AE?
            Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You would have to create a script. The proces would be to look at all of the .mov files in a folder, import them to AE, create a composition for each file, apply warp stabilizer. If the same settings will work for each clip then you're good to render, but if, as it has been my experience, that each clip needs some adjustment, then you'll have to do some work on each comp.

Personally, I think it would be easier to open up AE, open up a finder, drag all your .mov files into the Project Panel, select all the movies and drag them into the new Composition window and choose create a new composition for each element, then apply the stabilizer and optimize.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Is this possible with AE?
              Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

I'm sure it would be doable with some form of scripting, but as Rick pointed out, it probably wouldn't give you always the best of results. Also AE's scripts thmeselves are modal, so it wouldn't be exactly a watch folder automatism. You'd need someone pushing buttons still or an external trigger, e.g. a system application, service or Windows Shell script or something like that and essentailly run it in a loop that launches AE with a specific startup script every time a new file drops in...

Mylenium

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Is this possible with AE?
                DamonCooper Adobe Employee

Thanks guys.  I suppose the manual drag and drop approach isn't too manually intensive to do it sounds like.

Much appreciated.