2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 16, 2011 2:05 PM by Do More

Clip Monitor Arrow-Key Shortcuts INOP

Do More

Running PE 9.01 under Win7 x64 SP 1 with all updates installed. Asus P8P67 Pro main board. Asus Nvidia video card with latest drivers. Latest Quicktime installed.

Editing in and out points in an HDV clip using the clip monitor. Arrow keys to scrub forward and backwards frame by frame function correctly first time clip monitor is opened. Close clip monitor. Open a different clip. Arrow keys no longer function to move through the clip monitor timeline. Other keyboard shortcuts such as spacebar to play/pause still function.

Can anyone else repro this? Any ideas to resolve? Currently I must close and reopen my project between clips--not very workable long term.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Clip Monitor Arrow-Key Shortcuts INOP
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

It's certainly nothing I'm seeing. And I'm running the program on an XP machine and a Mac.

It could be an issue with the 64-bit version of Windows 7.

Or it could be related to your source files. Sometimes the program behaves differently with MPEG-based files (such as M2T files) than it does with AVIs.

• 2. Re: Clip Monitor Arrow-Key Shortcuts INOP
            Do More Level 1

Interestingly, I've just discovered that if I click away from the clip monitor

into the Organizer pane and then use the right and left arrows to navigate the list of media in my project, this appears to reactivate the use of the arrows to scrub the timeline when I return to the clip monitor.

At least I have a work-around better than exiting the PE, but it's still weird and 100% replicable on my box.

-Whit