3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2011 3:44 PM by VicOC

Titler does not work - all was well.... now nothing registers

VicOC

I have been streaming along, editing at a pace and all was good until the titler stopped working. Now, each time I try to create a new title adjust an existing one, nothing happens on the timeline. I have shut down and re-booted the Mac, but no change. Any ideas?

• 1. Re: Titler does not work - all was well.... now nothing registers
          VicOC Level 1

All is OK. I ceased operations, had lunch ans it seems the title did the same!!

• 2. Re: Titler does not work - all was well.... now nothing registers
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Ya' know, it almost seems that software needs to take a break too.

The two most often issues with Titler have been when one has messed up the screen, and usually a Workspace Reset takes care of that. The second is when one has added a new font, that is either corrupt, or one that Titler just does not like. Of all Adobe programs, that handle Type, it seems to be the most sensitive to any issue with a font. However, if it was working fine, then suddenly stops, and the user did not add any fonts in that time, something else is going on - maybe it just needs a break?

Glad that it's working for you now.

Hunt

• 3. Re: Titler does not work - all was well.... now nothing registers
              VicOC Level 1

Yes Bill

It seems these machines seem to take on human capacities or quirks at times (especially when the turn of-turn on threat is applied).

While I was delighted to see the titler begin to work again yesterday, it did cut out again. I reloaded Prem Pro from the installation disc. Tried again but it did not work.

I went out for coffee and came back. It has ben working ever since.

Not sure what the issue was (is) but the program itself is magic. I love working with it to get education stuff done.

Many thanks for your support

Vic