2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2011 4:18 AM by posterns

Change Page Size Equally

posterns Level 1

I'm working on a book that is 130 pages. It needs to print regualry (offset) and also needs to print digitally at a slightly reduced size -- original size is 6.5 x 9.25 in. The digital size will be 6.125 x 9.25. I know how to change a page size, but when I change the width the reduced size comes off the outside of each page (book is setup with facing pages). The client wants each page to remain exactly as is in the original book size (just with copy and images centered on the new page size) so I can't use Layout adjustment. Is there any way to control the reduction of page size so that the change in width comes off both sides of the page (which would save me the time of having to recenter everything)?

Any suggestions appreciated (File is in CS5)

Jeff

• 1. Re: Change Page Size Equally
          Daniel Flavin Level 4

Without checking, these three simple options come to mind:

Change the document from facing pages and make the width change, change back to facing -

Export to pdf and crop the pages in Acrobat -

Create a second document and place the original 130 ID pages into that, offset -.125.

I would use the third option as it would always reflect the live changes to the original.

http://indesignsecrets.com/downloads/MultiPageImporter2.5-CS5.zip

Places the whole 130 page ID file into a new file.

• 2. Re: Change Page Size Equally
            posterns Level 1

I did some more searching last night and seem to have come up with a good solution. ID5 has this new Page Tool feature (3rd icon down on the tool bar) that allows you to change page dimensions and set the reference point as to how the dimension change affects the page. I tested it out using the center point and it seems to work.  Will try it more fully today, but it looks like the way to go.

Jeff