4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 30, 2013 7:45 PM by margoyle

Objects disappearing on stage

NorbertTheNarc

I increased the size of my stage to 1280 x 1024 and now objects on

the periphery have disappeared. When I zoom in they appear, but when I zoom out or export the movie the objects in the center are there but the objects around the edge do not appear. If I add an object and drag it to the edge I can watch it disappear as I am dragging it, but when I zoom in it is there. I have no masks and I need to create the video at the higher resolution, so I cannot resize the stage smaller. Any ideas?

• 1. Re: Objects disappearing on stage
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

is your stage at 100%?  if you open your published html in a web browser do you see a problem?

• 2. Re: Objects disappearing on stage
            NorbertTheNarc Level 1

Yes, my stage is set to 100%. And yes, when I view the product the problem persists.

• 3. Re: Objects disappearing on stage
              kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

see if someone will download your fla or has another suggestion.  i don't know how to help you any further without downloading your fla and i don't usually do that.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Objects disappearing on stage
                margoyle

For anyone coming across this in the future (I assume Norbert the Narc is not still working on this issue) - I just had the same problem, wherein movieclips/symbols/objects were disappearing or becoming weird squares when moved to certain points on the stage/document (seemed to be happening when their left edge crossed the 2550px line, whether that line fell on the stage or off, and only when zoomed out as Norbert said). I think it had something to do with having resized my images - I had shrunk them down to 10% of the size at which I imported them. I had tried multiple new documents and had uninstalled and reinstalled flash but now that I have shrunk the pngs down in photoshop, reimported them, and left them at 100%, it seems to be working.

1 person found this helpful