2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2011 11:48 AM by Colin Brougham

FCP title conversion via XML

Neptunesalad1 Level 1

Is there any way to make FCP's titles come over the way they were built? I have all the same fonts on the same machine, but for some reason, font/size/orientation is changed whenever I import a FCP project this way. The good news is that the footage generally seems to be fine, just the text.

Thanks!

Ben

• 1. Re: FCP title conversion via XML
          the_wine_snob Level 9

I do not have a direct answer for your question, as I have never used FCP.

However, a workaround might be to create a Style in PrPro's Titler, that contains all of the attributes for that Text, and then in Titler, just Select the Text box, and apply that Style. No where near as elegant as getting them to just transfer perfectly, and would be on a one-by-one basis, so hand-work involved.

Maybe others WILL have an answer that will get those Titles into PrPro perfectly.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: FCP title conversion via XML
            Colin Brougham Level 6

I've never had luck with preserving formatting when coming from FCP; the text and general layout is OK, but the typeface usually defaults to something like white Courier. The titles as designed in FCP weren't even that complex, so I just chalked it up to "ya get some, but not all."

As Bill suggested, defining a style after recreating one of the titles would be the best way to ease the pain a bit. That still has to be applied manually in each title, though.