5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2011 7:13 AM by Ned Murphy

Ive go the SWF to FLA script blues

Panda5134

This is my first time posting and naturally Im here for a little help.  A past employee took my companies Flash files for a scrolling ad. The company wants the colors changed and I will admit Im a slight newbie.

I was able to extract the SWF to a flash project folder with trillix.  However I can not find this command line(see link)

http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz117/benz2010/Flash-Info.jpg

In the flash file.  Now I wil admit Im new to flash, but I have dug everywhere I can think of in the project folder for that command line.

As you can see from the screen shot, its in frame0 on Sprit12.  Ive looked in the properties of layer 1, in the properties of sprite12, and looked in the frame.  Where would this be?

• 1. Re: Ive go the SWF to FLA script blues
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I would say your best bet for working with this file is to take whatever fla trillix created and bid trillix adieu.  Open the fla in Flash to try to find what's where.

Just be aware that use of decompilers can be a gamble as far as getting a working file out of them.

• 2. Re: Ive go the SWF to FLA script blues
            Lon Winters Level 4

I've had pretty ggod luck with sothink SWF decompiler. Even so, in this case since it seems to be a small project, I suggest just use it to get and idea of the set up and create a new one from scratch.

• 3. Re: Ive go the SWF to FLA script blues
              Panda5134 Level 1

I guess I didnt make it too clear, but I did get the file decomplied into a Flash Project. When I open in flash I can recomple to a fully working SWF.  The trouble is that this one line of code has the companies colors in it for the background, however I can not find this line any place in the flash project(even though it complies to SWF just find).

Being new to Flash as I am, I naturally looked into the action scripts and properites of the various objects.  This code seems to be coming from no where!

I was hoping someone here could tell me where this code could be in the Flash.  But I was also hoping that the image would be be more informative here. Any ideas?

• 4. Re: Ive go the SWF to FLA script blues
                Panda5134 Level 1

I wish, I attempted that but this person seems to have more experience.  I cant getting the buttons as interactive as he has. He also created a script that you can just add a extra link to the scipt and the menu expands larger automatically.  I really wish he was here, look like a lot this noobie could learn. But right now, adjusting it is probably going to get me further sooner, if I can figure out where this one little line of code is.

• 5. Re: Ive go the SWF to FLA script blues
                  Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The image would have been more helpful if you showed the file in Flash rather than in Trillix.  If you select the object on the stage that you wish to change the color of, if you look at the Properties panel there might be a dropdown labelled "Color".  If that dropdown says anything other than "None", then it is likely some adjustment is being made to the objects natural color.

If you show the object on the stage along with the properties panel when it is selected it might be easier to help you find what you need to change.