9 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2011 8:57 AM by Butch2oc

CS5.5 freezes on export

Erkki Petäjä

Hello

This question has obviosly been ask before, but I couldn't find an answer that helped me. I've had this problem for a while now, on CS4, CS5 and now on CS5.5. In the past I could barely live with it, but now I HAVE to finish a couple of projects for a customer.

When I export a project, the export freezes. It freezes at different points when exporting, sometimes at 2%, sometimes 40% and sometimes it finishes. All with the same project and with the same sequence. This problem also comes up with different projects. Some are SD, some 720p and some 1080p. The only thing I can find in common with these projects is that they all use various source materials, from various sources. From a crappy Sony DV camera (SD-quality), from a crappy Panasonic waterproof camera, Canon EOS 7D, Panasonic HDC-SD900 etc. Sometimes rendering works (rarely), but mostly not. Sometimes it helps to use Media Encoder, sometimes not. :) I can not seem to find any logic in this.

I've shutdown all unecessary processes (Sysinternals Process Explorer), defragged my hard drive, cleaned up all temp files (with ccleaner), checked that the filename is short enough and does not contain any odd characters etc, updated all my drivers & BIOS and tested the system stability with two different software. I don't have any other problems with my computer. I've also used Process Monitor to see what's going on in Premiere, but I can't find any

errors. None are in Windows logs either.

My main specs are Intel Core 2 Quad @ 3GHz, 8 gigs of memory, Nvidia GTX 280 graphics card and 2,5 TB of hard drive space alltogether. The drive that has the project on, has over 400GB of free space. I'm running Windows 7 x64.

I have 4 hard drives. 1 is used for source material, 1 for render files, and so on... This same problem existed before I split the files between different drives, so I don't think this has anything to do with that.

Any help is welcome!