1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 18, 2011 11:49 PM by Todd_Kopriva

Editing features available from quick time movie import

Barneschevelle

When I import a quick time movie into After effects do I have all the features available that After effects offers just like I would if my source was coming from Premier pro or Final cut? And if so how do I limit a change, say color correction or a special effect,  to a specific sub section of the movie? I hope this question makes sense. I have some quick time movies I made that I would like to jazz up using After effects. I could draw the source from Premier pro or final cut but I like what I did in after the export to Quick time movie format.  Thanks.

• 1. Re: Editing features available from quick time movie import
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

> When I import a quick time movie into After effects do I have all the features available that After effects offers just like I would if my source was coming from Premier pro or Final cut?

I don't know what you're assuming about how After Effects works but, yes, you can operate on layers based on QuickTime footage items with no problem.

I strongly recommend that you work your way through the basic learning materials for After Effects before attempting to do any work in the program. After Effects is not an intuitive program that you can just jump into the middle of and start working. Beginning at the beginning and learning the basics first will prevent a tremendous amount of frustration.