5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2011 11:08 AM by the_wine_snob

Render work area vs render entire work area

lasvideo Level 4

These two processes have confused me. It seems my intuitive understanding of what is going on was wrong. So I got the definitve explanation from the manual.

Render Effects In Work Area
      Renders the sections of the video tracks lying within the work area containing a red render bar. Alternatively, press Enter.

Render Entire Work Area
      Renders the sections of the video tracks lying within the work area containing either a red render bar or a yellow render bar.

I am requesting a Render Clip function since I think that is needed as well.

• 1. Re: Render work area vs render entire work area
          the_wine_snob Level 9

You can use the WAB (Work Area Bar) to limit the area to be Rendered to just a single Clip.

Is that what you are asking for?

As for Rendering a Clip, without the WAB, you could file a Feature Request for that, maybe accessed by Selecting a Clip, and then Rt-clicking on it.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Render work area vs render entire work area
            lasvideo Level 4

Bill - "You can use the WAB (Work Area Bar) to limit the area to be Rendered to just a single Clip."

Thats what I thought but that was not my experience. This is what happened.

1. I have a green timeline with a yellow AD DL clip I just revised in AE.

2. I adjusted the work area to just the clips position and size.

3. I activated Render Clip Area which just played back the clip that needed rendering but didnt render it. And that makes sense when you read its functionality...

Render Effects In Work Area

Renders the sections of the video tracks lying within the work area containing a red render bar. Alternatively, press Enter.

4. By using Render Entire Work Area I was able to render the AE clip. Its seems just a little cointer intuitive to me, but it adheres to the decribed function.

Render Entire Work Area
            Renders the sections of the video tracks lying within the work area containing either a red render bar or a yellow render bar.

And yes, I did make a feature request immediately for a render clip function, but thanks for suggesting it.