3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2011 5:10 PM by Steve Grisetti

can't see clips in organizer screen

irislake Level 1

When I started using this program a few weeks ago I could see the clips in the "organize" screen. Now I can't. I have clicked the "show video" button. I can see the clips with titles in the Organizer>Projects screen in the same window (although I seem to see the original video before editing as well as after -- all I did to edit was to eliminate first few minutes of one uninterrupted clip that comprised the entire tape that was copied). Ican see the clips in the sceneline. I can see the clips in the timeline. I have searched all the drop down menus for ideas but most of them seem to be grayed out. I am sure someone has addressed this in some other thread but can't seem to find it.

I have another problem that might be related but will post separately.

• 1. Re: can't see clips in organizer screen
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Again, specifics are helpful, Iris.

What DO you see in Organizer's Media Browser?

And are you talking about the Elements Organizer program or the Premiere Elements Organize panel?

Can you post a screen capture of what you're seeing?

• 2. Re: can't see clips in organizer screen
            irislake Level 1

Steve,

Hope these screen captures help. First shows Clip list on right, but missing video clip in sceneline.

Second shows no clips in boxes in media browser when project is opened. Also missing video clip in sceneline.

Capture 4 (out of order) shows Elements OrganizER after importing the avi file from folder that was the source of this clip.
            Capture 3 shows Reopened project after clip imported to OrganizER. Now all clips missing from Sceneline.

Timelines in all cases are accurate.

Any ideas what is going on? i am also getting an intermittent messafe about Adobe running low on Premiere systems memory. I still have nearly 300 GBs avail on my hard drive. I was hoping to start transferring the 10 completed videos to external drive then erase from laptop until I discovered that all the DVDs were wrong.Screen Capture 1.jpgScreen Capture 2.pngSteve,Screen Capture 3.jpgScreen Capture 4.jpg

• 3. Re: can't see clips in organizer screen
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Everything looks as it should be, Iris. I don't see any problems.

Sometimes when a clip has a black frame at the begining, it shows up as a black thumbnail in the Sceneline. But, from your screen shots, everything seems to be fine.

What happens if you work inTimeline mode?