3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 20, 2011 10:06 AM by karryt13

install InDesign 2.0 in OS10.6.8

karryt13

I'm trying to load my original InDesign 2.0 from disk so that I can then load my subsequent upgrades which are all based on this original version. The installation process allows me to enter the serial number and my admin password, acts like it's going to load, then quits. Is there something I need to do to make this work?

Thanks....

• 1. Re: install InDesign 2.0 in OS10.6.8
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

I don't think it will install on 10.6.x. However, do you really want it installed, or is that just so the next installer will see it? If the latter, try installing the later version and see if you can enter the earlier serial number when prompted for the previous install. I believe you should be able to start wherever inthe chain you want, and if the installer won't accept the serial number for the previous version you can call a customer service number that should be in the dialog, I think, and they can provide a number that will work.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: install InDesign 2.0 in OS10.6.8
            BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional

There is no need to install earlier versions. Anything earlier than CS3 is going to be a crap shoot.

Start with CS3 if you need it. If it was an upgrade you'll be prompted for the serial number of the earlier version. Then move on to CS4, CS5 and CS5.5 in the proper order.

Bob

• 3. Re: install InDesign 2.0 in OS10.6.8
              karryt13 Level 1

Thank you both so much, this seems to be working for me. I appreciate the help!