• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Youtube doesn't recognize that I installed Flash player 10.3

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2011 Aug 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasn't able to watch Youtube because there was a prompt saying I needed to update my Flash Player so I installed Flash Player 10.3. Im not understanding why Youtube isn't recognizing that I installed an updated verision. It is still saying I need to install an updated version. Im confused, I have Windows 7 and my browser is Google Chrome. Can someone help me please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 20, 2011 Aug 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player comes embedded with Chrome; you do not need to install it.

Maybe you have an old version of Chrome, with an old Flash Player?

What version does it show you at http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2011 Nov 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having this problem the other day I was able to watch youtube and now I can't every video shows up black. When I went to help it said I might need to update Adobe Flash but I am using Chrome when I go to about Chrome it says its up to date and shows version 15.0.874.121. when I click the link posted it says I have version 11,1,102,55 installed it has done this on a few video even while it was working too Lately I've also been frequently getting the message that flash has stopped responding or has crashed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2011 Nov 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zd120,

Could you try the suggestions listed in the following FAQ to see if they help?

How do I troubleshoot and report problems with Flash Player Video?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2011 Dec 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a quad HP PC with ample memory and NVidia graphics and Windows Vista Home premium SP2 and fully updated. But I have been having problems with using Adobe Flash Player ever since the earliest version 10 was updated. Especially trying to update with version 11!! So I have similar problems to your other contributor. Could I point out that it is not enough to merely rely on Google Chrome, as I often have to do. The flash player wont play in other situations either - like (for instance) accessing TomTom satnav site! This is extremely frustrating and especially - if like me) you are not a gifted computer programer or IT expert capable of following all the complex instructions from Adobe that you seem to need to get THEIR program working.

Sorry, but I pray most nights that someone will release us from the pains of keeping up with Adobe software and create a more assured, user friendly flash (or whatever is required movie player for the internet and that all sites showing video footage will adopt it as an altternative (or better still!) replacement for Adobe stuff! Even the Adobe help web site is right out of date only showing detailed cures for Flash Player 9 and some for 10. But we are now being forced everywhere to update to Flash Player 11! The complex help section badly needs updating.

Adobe really needs to understand that they are encouraging companies to use their programs exclusively  while seemingly not ensuring that the lay public (also consumers/customers/users) are not having a lot of fun with them! I have for years used IrfanView for piucture editing and graphics handling. It is light, efficient, loads swiftly and can be removed completely and effortlessly and has never let me down. I can safely recommend it. Why can't Adobe achieve this for Windows Vista users? I wish the guy behind IrfanView would create a Web flash player too! If I also want to use Internet Explorer, why wont Adobe Flash Player work easily in it|? Why do I (the user of the program) have to enter my Registry to sort the problems out? Surely Adobe can do better than this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Dec 30, 2011 Dec 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To assist us in quickly understanding your problem, please follow these guidelines when posting:

• Specify your operating system (including 32bit or 64bit edition) 
  • Specify your web browser and version (including 32bit or 64bit edition) 
  • Specify your Flash Player version 
  • Give us a brief explanation of the problem, please include any information you feel is important 
  • Please do not use existing topics to append questions that are entirely different from the original topic. When in doubt create a new topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2012 Jan 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carl

1) I am using Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit Version 6 (Build 6002: SP2.) fully updated by Microsoft

2)  My main Browser is Internet Explorer 9 Version 9.0.8112.1642115 Update Version: 9.0.4 (KB261844) (which I believe is also 32 bit - but Microsoft do not say which)

The problem I encountered is that at various sites  I need to use as, well as YouyTube, Adobe Flash Player is now required. Since a version 10 update however, I found that sites using Adobe Flash Player were telling me that I needed to update my Flash Player version (despite my PC reporting that I had the correct latest version as the Adobe site was publishing). This problem has continued with some web video working and some not and demanding an update - until now the update at Adobe is for Flash Player 11.1

Therein lies the rub. I download the uninstall tool (recommended by Adobe) and use it. I then quit anything that might concievably contact the internet, start the download and close the web browser and sometimes the install gets to 12% and then declares a "timeout", sometimes it does complete and I get the Adobe Flash web site confirmation that I have successfully installed - but still I cannot access the Adobe flash powered sites or many videos around the web - because I need to update! I have (with a helper) tried using the uninstaller, cleaning every reference to Adobe (safe to do) from the PC and "successfully" downloaded Flash Player 11.1. Only it still does not work! Despite enabling the Adobe shockwave in Add ons, despite allowing anything else that might help Adobe Flash and despite having no known hinderences in my security.

I now have, at this point in time: Adobe Air;  Adobe Reader X;  Adobe Flash Player 11 Active X; Adobe Flash Player 11 pluggin; an entry to manage Adobe Flash Player Settings (set to the Adobe recommended settings in other parts of this forum) plus the entries for the Adobe Flash Player 11 Items under System32/Flash. But still web sites tell me I need to update my Adobe Flash Player!

I'm afraid I am not competent to do more and I suspect I am one of several millions worldwide!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 02, 2012 Jan 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What files do you have in folder Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash ?

Ensure that ActiveX filtering is unchecked: ActiveX Filtering in Internet Explorer 9

Ensure that the Internet security level is Medium-high:  Start I.E.9, press Alt and X, click Internet option, click Security tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2012 Jan 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carl

Currently in my System32/Macromedia/flash:

Flash11e.ocx 31/12/2011

FlalshInstall.log 02/01/2012

flashplayer.xpt 02/01/2012

FlashUtil11e_ActiveX.dll 31/12/2011

FlashUtil_ActiveX.exe 31/12/2011

FlashUtil11e_Plugin.exe 02/01/2012

NPSWF32.dll 02/01/2012

Do I need all of these files here please?

I followed your lead to the Adobe advice on IE9 Active X monitoring and did as suggested. Now I no longer see the "You need to update to Adobe Flash Player 10" in YouTube (for example)!! and the music videos play again!

I had already checked the security etc settings were for medium.

I now have a feeling that this came about with updates to IE9 adding in this active X filtering. One moment I could use and update Adobe Flash Player easily - the next it had stopped working and sites were telling me I needed to upgrade to Adobe 10 (but I already had a Higher Adobe version).

Perhaps the various parties, Microsoft, Adobe and the user web sites involved should get together and discuss measures to stop confusing users who do not have advanced ability with their operating systems!

Much appreciate your assistance, forgive earlier negative remarks - but I was getting quite frustrated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 03, 2012 Jan 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Currently in my System32/Macromedia/flash:

Flash11e.ocx 31/12/2011

FlalshInstall.log 02/01/2012

flashplayer.xpt 02/01/2012

FlashUtil11e_ActiveX.dll 31/12/2011

FlashUtil_ActiveX.exe 31/12/2011

FlashUtil11e_Plugin.exe 02/01/2012

NPSWF32.dll 02/01/2012

Do I need all of these files here please?

Not if you only use Internet Explorer, you have several files that are used with other browsers.

If you want to eliminate the non Internet Explorer files, download these files:

Windows 32-bit: http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/uninstall_flash _player_32bit.exe

Windows 32-bit Flash Player for Internet Explorer

Exit Internet Explorer.

Use the uninstaller.

Reboot.

Delete Flash folder in Windows\System32\Macromed.

Use the installer.

Perhaps the various parties, Microsoft, Adobe and the user web sites involved should get together and discuss measures to stop confusing users who do not have advanced ability with their operating systems!

http://ie.microsoft.com/testdrive/Browser/ActiveXFiltering/About.html

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie9-windows_7?tab=all

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/products/ie-9/features/activex-filtering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines