Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

E_ACT TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS & E_AUTH_BAD_DEVICE_KEY

Aug 20, 2011 Aug 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Windows XP SP3 -- I recently purchased a Kobo and have had numerous problems.  I have had to authorize two different Kobos on the Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) program.  I have had to do numerous factory resets on two Kobos, and each time I had to authorize the Kobo on ADE.  Searching through postings, I saw that one person had success in uninstalling and reinstalling ADE.  I tried this.

Now I cannot authorize the second Kobo.  I get the message

E_ACT_TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS http://adeactivate.adobe.com/adept/Activate 5057:57:6057 urn:uuid:03a8f4b4-be14-405f-b063-2d70c10e4727

and when I try to proceed by logging into Adobe, I get the message

Error Communicating with AdobeID Server. Please try again

E_AUTH_BAD_DEVICE_KEY

My firewall is configured to allow all ADE communications.  I have not changed the settings on my virus checker (AVG) since the time that I first got the authorizations.

I have read some of the postings, but most are too technical for me...one talked about opening Keychain Access etc.

None of the books that I have tried to load onto the Kobo have had any Digital Rights -- they are all free books from Project Gutenberg or some of the free ones from Baen books.

Do I even need to go through ADE to load on public domain epub books?

How do I proceed?  Any suggestions would be very helpful.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Aug 21, 2011 Aug 21, 2011

Adobe has been able to reset the activation count for others when the

issues related to the ereader hardware, so I think you can call them and get

some assistance. I've not seen the 'bad key' message before, so I don't

know what that one means.

Hope this helps!

===============

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Aug 21, 2011 Aug 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has been able to reset the activation count for others when the

issues related to the ereader hardware, so I think you can call them and get

some assistance. I've not seen the 'bad key' message before, so I don't

know what that one means.

Hope this helps!

===============

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 21, 2011 Aug 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that this is the solution, but I tried to contact Adobe and in reading through the support section, I got stuck when I was instructed to put in a serial number.  I do not remember a serial number showing up when I installed Adobe Digital Editions, or when I reinstalled it.  Without the serial number is there a way of contacting Adobe support?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 24, 2011 Aug 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the assistance.  After some searching, I was able to contact Adobe and open a case file.  There was a very quick response -- case file established just after 5 pm with the solution (as you suggested, they reset the counter) before 7 AM the next morning.  Everything now works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines