6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 24, 2011 9:52 PM by the_wine_snob

Menus in Premiere Elements 9

pepinshort1 Level 1

This is about preparing a Project for "burning".  I've had Premiere Elements 3,5,7 and now 9.  I liked the menus in Elements 7 [including Adventure, Countdown and World Travels] but they are gone in 9. Can I get the Elements 7 menus back?

• 1. Re: Menus in Premiere Elements 9
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

If you have PrE 7 around, you can Copy the Menu Sets from it to PrE 9. You may have to install PrE 7, if it has been removed.

If you look at the Library content in PrE 9, you will see that there are sub-folders, grouped below the main Library folder, and inside those are a couple of files. First, you will have the PSD files, that are the Photoshop Images, of the Main and Scene_Selection Menus, and the a couple of PNG's, which are the little thumbnail displays, that you see in PrE, when you go to the Create Menus Tab. A few, that have a Motion Background, and/or Audio Clips, have other files associated with them too. I would study the folder structure, in PrE 7 vs the one in PrE 9, and then just Copy the entire sub-folder from PrE7, including all of the elements in it. Then, when you go to Create Menus in PrE 9, you should see those new sub-folders in the drop-down list.

Note: depending on the exact Menus, they may be sized for DVD, but not BD, so check the pixel x pixel sizes of the PSD's, to see which format they were designed for.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Menus in Premiere Elements 9
            pepinshort1 Level 1

Thanks, Bill:

I'll try that ASAP this afternoon. I do have PE 7 around.

Pepin

• 3. Re: Menus in Premiere Elements 9
              pepinshort1 Level 1

Bill, I've now spent a couple of hours on this and am still in a quandary.  First, I found no specific "Library" countent in PrE9, so I presume you meant to go to OS system folders under Adobe, not finding anything relevant when I launch PrE9.  I went therefore to both program possibilites: Program Data and Program Files.  Under ProgramData first, I went to Adobe -> Premiere Elements - 9.0 and "Online".  There I had three seemingly relevant choices (1) DVD Templates, (2) Movie Themes and (3) Title Templates.  There were titles I was familair with such as "General", "Holiday & Events" and "New Baby"  but the files therein were all png files, not PSD.  I then went to Program Files and found basically the same thing.

I inserted PrE7 and found Templates and choices of HDDVD Templates, HDMovie Themes, HDPresets, SDDVD Templates and SDMovie Themes.  Here also were folders for Entertainment, General, Happy Birthday but again they were all png [thumbnail] files.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Pepin

• 4. Re: Menus in Premiere Elements 9
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Pepin,

I only have PrE 4.0 on this laptop, but here is how the folders set up in that version. Someone else can tell you where PrE 9.0 might deviate from this scheme.

PrE_DVD_Templates_01.png

Here is the contents in one of the General (Corkboard) folders:

PrE_DVD_Folders_02.png

Hope that this helps, and I feel that someone will drop by, telling you exactly what might be different in PrE 9.0.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: Menus in Premiere Elements 9
                  pepinshort1 Level 1

Bill, Thanks for your thoughts and obvious wisdom.  Ultimately what I did was this:  First, I liked the "Adventure" disc menu from PrE7,  but it was not there on PrE9.0. Starting point.  I then reinstalled PrE7 and had choices of folders: DVD Templates, Movie Themes, and Presets.  The first was 2.44 GB. I opened the folders for PrE9.0 and went to DVD Templates -> Common -> Travel, and several choices were there but not "Adventure". I then opened PrE7, went to HDDVD Templates, found "Travel" and copied over the "Adventure" folder to PrE9.0.  IT WORKED FINE!!!

Best,

Don Egeland [AKA Pepinshort for these posts]

• 6. Re: Menus in Premiere Elements 9
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Great news!

When I find Menus (or other such Assets) that I like, I make Copies of them to sub-folders.

Good luck,

Hunt