3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 22, 2011 7:07 AM by ~graffiti

Saving a document

brandeezy09

I am a novice with this stuff but here goes.  My wife was able to work within and save a certain .pdf document.  I recently uninstalled Reader 7.0 and installed Reader X.  My wife then couldn't work and save the document that she could previously.  I uninstalled reader X and re-installed 7.0 but with no luck.  She still can no longer work in this .pdf and save as she always has been able to.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: Saving a document
          ~graffiti Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Unless the PDF has been specially enabled using Adobe Acrobat, you could never edit a PDF using Reader.

More than likely you had Adobe Acrobat (commonly mistook as Adobe Reader. It used to be called Adobe Acrobat Reader in fact), you uninstalled it and replaced it with the free Reader. Happens a lot.

• 2. Re: Saving a document
            brandeezy09 Level 1

Thanks...I was looking for the version on my computer that has the functionality my wife needs but can no longer find it.  Because I un-installed it and did not remove it from my hard drive I was hoping it was somewhere in my Program Files so I could re-install it but it is not.  I wonder if the new Reader version simply removed what I am trying to find when it was installed.

• 3. Re: Saving a document
              ~graffiti Adobe Community Professional & MVP

brandeezy09 wrote:

Because I un-installed it and did not remove it from my hard drive I was hoping it was somewhere in my Program

Uninstalling will remove it from your hard drive. If it came with the computer, you may look for a partition on the hard drive that could possibly hold the original installer file. Short of that, you may be out of luck.

brandeezy09 wrote:

I wonder if the new Reader version simply removed what I am trying to find when it was installed.

Installing Reader will not remove Acrobat.