Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Livecycle Designer form distribution - bound fields blank

Level 1

PDF forms created in Livecycle Designer have bindings of some form fields and an XML data source (Livecycle Preview looks great).  When I make  user-like data entry into the form as it is displayed in Lifecycle  Preview, it behaves as I would expect at the user end after distribution . When submitted  from Livecycle Preview it generates an email with an attached XML  document representative of the entered data. My problem is that  switching back to the Livecycle  Design, saving the form, closing  Livecycle, opening the form in Adobe Acrobat 8, enabling usage rights in  Adobe Reader , and finally distributing the document, it arrives at the  user end and is displayed as it is in Livecycle Design View (None of the bound fields are visible and the flowable form is not "flowed". I looks exactly like the Licecycle Design View.

4 Replies

Former Community Member

In the Preview it is importing the data that you have specified and is merging that data onto the form template to show you the template and data together. When you distribute the form you are merely sending the blank template (no data file). The user woudl have to import he data file (assuming they had it to get the same result.....or .......you woudl have to merge the data into the template before distribution.

Paul

Level 1

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. The user community has no import capability (forms are email-attached for opening using the free Adobe Reader). I want to populate the form from my end (Adobe Acrobat 8.13). I was under the impression that associating the form as follows was sufficient fo populate the form.

:

File > Form Properties > Select Default Tab and at the Data File: prompt,  enter the name of a local XML document that binds to form fields

Am I missing a step?

Former Community Member

That is not on the Default tab but on the Preview tab and that only will apply to the Preview. You coudl try opening the form

importing the data file and then do the distribute from Acrobat ...that might work.

Paul

Level 1

Thanks Paul,

That seems to be the right direction...Still a few issues but I can handle those,,,Thanks again