• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Previewing Primary Layout and losing topics

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2006 Aug 09, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had two issues creating a project with RoboHelp. 1) Sometimes from out of the blue, as I am working on a topic, i will get an error message saying that Robohelp has encountered a problem and must close. When I do close and open up, I have "lost" many of my folders and topics which were previously saved. They are still in the Robohelp directory, but no longer appear in the topic list. The actions I was doing when this problem occured (and has happened multiple times) are: saving all, closing the project, closing the program, and once when I was copying and pasting text from one RH topic to another.

The second issue I have is when I preview the project, not all pages are viewable. I have noticed that the ones that are viewable are saved in the SSL folder, but the ones that are not are not saved in the SSL. And i can't copy and paste the file into the SSl folder. It seems that RoboHelp is not saving the topics properly.

Am I doing something wrong or am I nuts or is it RH that is nuts? Does anybody have any suggestions that can help me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

Is your project on a network drive by any chance? If it is move it to your hard disk before you have even more problems.

The SSL folder is for your output, you shouldn't be copying and pasting there. The idea is to work on the source files and then generate to the SSL folder.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Better yet, don't even generate to the !SSL folder at all; generate to another location outside your project folder. (Keeps everything separate and pure, don't you know...)

And I agree with Peter that your problems appear to be network-caused.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp