1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 22, 2011 11:23 AM by Steve Grisetti

Unable to import to Organizer videos taken with my Nokia E7

Melarnius12

Hi,

as the topic says I cannot import HD videos taken with Nokia E7 to Organizer.

When I go to Organizer and "Folder location" view and right click the folder which has the videos the import option is available but nothing happnes. It just says e.g. Seaching items to import: four files found. But after that nothing happens - it seems to stuck there.

Video clips are MP4

1280 x 720

Bitrate 129

25 frames / second

Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: Unable to import to Organizer videos taken with my Nokia E7
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

What operating system are you on? Windows or Mac? Which version? Have you ensured you have the latest version of Quicktime from Apple.com, per the software's requirements?

First, ensure your project has been properly set up for this type of video. Your best bet is the setting for Hard Disk/Flash Drive Camcorders, 1280x720.

How did you get the photos from the camcorder to your computer? Ideally you should use Premiere Elements' Video Importer to bring the files in from your cam. This will ensure that the programs activate the necessary codecs.

To use this tool, connect your camcorder to your computer and go to the Organize tab in Premiere Elements and select Get Media/From Flip, AVCHD or Hard Disk Camera.

Although there's no guaranteeing Premiere Elements can support this camcorder. Many of these low-end camcorders use proprietary codecs which Premiere Elements can't read. Sometimes installing the software that came with the camera can help.