4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 22, 2011 11:15 AM by Colin Brougham

Deleting Clips

OstiaAlex Level 1

For some reason that function that lets you automatically slide the next footage back to your delete point when holding shift backspace has been dissabled and when I hold those two buttons now it does nothing. This means that when I want to delete a clip and move the next clip back I must do this all manually. Does anyone know how I turned that off and how I can get it back?

• 1. Re: Deleting Clips
          Colin Brougham Level 6

Assuming you're talking about ripple delete: on Windows, anyway, this can be accomplished by Shift+Delete or Alt+Backspace. I'm not sure how those keys map by default on a Mac; maybe try other combos (such as these) or check what your mappings are set as in the Keyboard Shortcuts dialog.

• 2. Re: Deleting Clips
            OstiaAlex Level 1

Yeah, that's what I was referring to, sorry, forgot the term. Problem is I was ripple deleting with shift backspace (same as windows), but then somehow it got dissabled and now it doesn't work. Don't think it could be keyboard shortcut issue, as I haven't altered those recently. Hmmmmmm

• 3. Re: Deleting Clips
              Fuzzy Barsik Level 4

Shift+Del or Alt+Backspace, but not Shift+Backspace...

Check you Keyboard Shortcuts anyway...

• 4. Re: Deleting Clips
                Colin Brougham Level 6

Yeah, Shift+Backspace does nothing here. Of course, most PC keyboards have Backspace AND Delete keys, and I seem to remember Mac keyboards having one or the other, and the nomenclature was different. Haven't been at a Mac keyboard in a bit, though...

Anyway, I've tried a number of different things to cause ripple delete not to work, and I can't repeat it (short of hitting the wrong keys). Does ripple not work anywhere in your sequence, or only at a specific point? Can you post a screen shot of what the problem sequence/area looks like?