1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 22, 2011 11:52 AM by Ned Murphy

How do you insert files in this discussion forum as oppose to an email attachment?

swydell$$ Level 1

I want to show how the banner file I created in Flash CS5 plays but won't open when I test the movie. I published it and created the html and swf files, which I zipped and attached in a email reply to someone in the forum. In this forum I can't show those files, except the code. Is that right?

• 1. Re: How do you insert files in this discussion forum as oppose to an email attachment?
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The ability to upload files with a posting was discontinued more than a year ago (wasn't around long).  If you need to have someone look at an html page, a common solution is to place your files on a server and provide a link.  If you want to make your files available for people to download, then if you do not have your own server there are some free services that provide the ability for you to make files available to people.  The one drawback to that approach is that for a variety of good reasons, not everyone is amenable to downlaoding files and looking at them.

1 person found this helpful