4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 26, 2011 6:43 AM by Steve Grisetti

Premiere Elements 9 stops working at title page

chairboys

As a novice I am preparing my first film based on several hours of shooting using a Sony Handycam DCR-SR58. Using the above programme I have ordered the various items into 5 separate themes and everything runs smoothly. On introducing title slides the film will not run to include the titles. It will run until it comes up against a title and then stops.

Can anyone tell me how to overcome this please?

Chairboys

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 9 stops working at title page
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

First, ensure that no photo you use in your project is larger than 1000x750 pixels in size, per my books the FAQs to the right of this forum.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/431851?tstart=30

Then render your timeline whenever red lines above the clips on your timeline. (Press Enter.) When the red lines turn green, your video should play much more like its final output.

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 9 stops working at title page
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Are you having the problem WITH Titler, or with any Title created in Titler?

If the former, this ARTICLE might be useful.

If the latter, does your Project's Preset match your Source Footage perfectly?

Also, if Titler is working fine, but you are getting crashes afterwards, then this ARTICLE might be useful.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 9 stops working at title page
              chairboys Level 1

Thanks to Steve and Bill. We have downloaded the Adobe Premier Elements 9 update  (incredible that such an update

is needed - why didn't they iron things like this before they sell a duff piece of software). This worked for the main title and the first subtitle and ran onto the film but it stopped at the next subtitle. In other words I am no further forward.

I am not a techie and bought the software to help me - so far is has spectacularly failed. No other programmes have been on and a new computer more than fuffills the software processing requirements.

This is the least user-friendly software I have ever come across.

Thanks for the help.

Chairboys

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements 9 stops working at title page
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

I'm sorry to hear you're having an unfortunate experience. Fortunately, there is a wealth of options out there.

Meantime, remember that we're just fellow users of the program -- so we're only here because we've had such a great experience with the program that we want to help others get up and running.

If you've got an issue with the program, you should contact Adobe and let them know your feelings. You can reach them by clicking the Contact Adobe button at the bottom of this web page.