8 Replies Latest reply on Sep 12, 2015 3:36 PM by danm56028011

Tascam FW-1082 Support

lasvideo Level 4

Is the Tascam FW-1082 control surface supported in PrP? FCP does and its much more effective using a control surface then a mouse when automating mixes.

• 1. Re: Tascam FW-1082 Support
          Bill Gehrke Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I would say no as I had to look it up and found it is an audio mixer with a firewire interface.  It would have been up to TEAC to provide the software as a plug-in to Premiere and since it is no longer available there is no incentive to doing that.

• 2. Re: Tascam FW-1082 Support
            lasvideo Level 4

Sometimes software like FCP provides a generic protocol (the Mackie Protocol) that supports any mixer that recognizes that protocol. The Tascam unit can function with that generic protocol as a driver so sometimes if there isnt a specific driver the control surface can still function.  I believe that Audition supports this protocol thats why I was curious if PrP did, since Id rather do all my master mixing in PrP not Audition.

• 3. Re: Tascam FW-1082 Support
              Scott Chichelli Level 3

i would be shocked if Adobe had HUI controls enabled

nor would i consider audition or any other adobe product acceptable for audio production where using a control surface.

Scott

ADK

• 4. Re: Tascam FW-1082 Support
                lasvideo Level 4

Prepare to be shocked. Reference second post from Adobe.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3407899?tstart=3

Explain your profoundly negative perception of Audition. As someone who has made broadcast mixes over the last 30 years with Avid MC, Avid DS and FCP, my tutorial foray into Audition 5.5s capabilities reveal it seems quite adequate if not exemplary in some areas.

Tom Daigon

Avid DS / PrP / After Effects Editor

www.hdshotsandcuts.com

• 5. Re: Tascam FW-1082 Support
                  Scott Chichelli Level 3

That’s great news and yes shocked.

As far as multitrack audio for the broadcast market, Cubase/Nuendo/Pro Tools/Logic even samplitude comes to mind

Audition would not. Of the hundreds of systems I have in that market for multitrack not a single audition system is in use.

Now for some PEG type or radio stations where stereo audio is used then yes..

For quick stereo editing audition is fine but I cant see why you would need a control surface for that..

Scott

ADK

• 6. Re: Tascam FW-1082 Support
                    lasvideo Level 4

I see. Well, based on my experience over the years working at one large production facility and one small boutique...the only software I would have ever considered a "professional tool" was Protools (pun intended). I wouldn't have even considered the others in the same league.

But this brings to mind how Premiere has been perceived as the ******* child. But between the demise of FCP and the massive enhancements made by Adobe, suddenly the software I would snicker at is the software I am using every day. So it just goes to show you that change is a constant factor .

Tom Daigon

Avid DS / PrP / After Effects Editor

www.hdshotsandcuts.com

• 7. Re: Tascam FW-1082 Support
                      ECBowen Most Valuable Participant

I think you would be surprised how many audio engineers in Hollywood use Nuendo in their hidden work chamber and have a Pro Tools Mac Pro out in the client room for Show. Of course you never heard that from me

Eric

ADK

• 8. Re: Tascam FW-1082 Support
                        danm56028011 Level 1

I'm not authorized to read that comment (?) Is it good news re Tascam fw1082 compatibility? thank-you