Wrong Master Page displays even though correct one is selected

Aug 24, 2011 Aug 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edition

RoboHelp HTML

Version
RH8

I have created two master pages. One that will display the full copyright and the second master page for all other help pages. The copyright help page has the master page for the copyright selected in topic properties and the master page properties shows only this topic as being used with this master page. When I view the help topic with the copyright using the View Selected Item (glasses) icon, the correct master page displays. However, when help is generated use Webhelp, the wrong master page displays. Any idea how to get the correct master page to display?

There seems to be a lot of info about master pages already available, but I didn't find info on this particular issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Can you please post a screen capture of the Master pages in edit mode? Use the camera icon in the web interface to upload the screen captures.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you really need to see.

The copyright master page has only the one help topic as indicated in this screen capture. The second master page has all other topics except this one topic.

Copyright Master page.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

What I meant was to open the Master pages as if you were going to make changes to them. That's what I mean by "edit mode". Open them up in your RoboHelp editor area and screen capture what they look like there. This will hopefully provide a glimpse as to what is going on.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The placeholder displays in the Design view for the each master page. Under the place holder the full version of the copyright in the copyright master page displays. The second master page has the placeholder info and the shorter version of the copyight. I can't send screen captures with the company copryright from the Design view. And, i'm not sure how that would help you.

Master Page Placeholder.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

It helps a lot that you shared what the body placeholder looks like. That seems to confirm that you aren't inserting content inside the Body placeholder and expecting it to magickally appear on the pages. Many folks consider RoboHelp to be broken or misbehaving because they do exactly that and it fails miserably.

Master Pages are actually used in two different ways. One is to be used as a template for creating topics and the other is to be used to add additional content to topics either above, below, or in both areas to existing topics.

Above and Below the Body placeholder is typically a "no mans land" and an official "Header" or "Footer" area. And when you place content in these areas the content *SHOULD* populate across all the topics that are associated with the Master Page.

So other questions here.

* What are the names of the Master Pages? Are they similar? Are you able to list them here without any fear of NDA violations?

* How exactly are you associating the pages with the topics? (There are two different ways to do this. One is via SSL recipe properties and the other is by selecting the topics and making the asociation)

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 25, 2011 Aug 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We have the text below the placeholder because it is footer text. So, as you indicated, it should work.

Your question about how we're associating master pages was helpful. Deselecting the Master Page radio button via SSL fixed the issue.

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp